The grid order and qualification process for the Stock Rods World Championship, scheduled for Cowdenbeath over the weekend of 12 & 13 September has been confirmed.
As previously announced, the Racewall is proud to host this year’s Stock Rod World Championship sponsored by Gilmore Engineering Ltd over the weekend of 12th and 13th September.
Following on from the successful running of the 2018 title event under the stewardship of Autospeed, the 2020 staging will follow a similar system of seeded entries with a number of last chance qualifying places also available.
There will be ten seeded entries allocated to GMP Scotland drivers, 8 to Autospeed registered drivers and 8 to Nutts Corner registered drivers. How each promotion determines their seeded entries is at their own discretion. Should any promotion not take up their full allocation of places these will be reallocated by GMP Scotland subject to demand.
A minimum of four last chance qualifying places will be up for grabs via a race at the beginning of the weekend with those drivers joining the rear of the World Final grid (all non-qualifiers will be able to contest the rest of the weekends racing as per the format). Should the defending World Champion not have qualified via a seeded entry or last chance qualifier they will be permitted to grid at the rear of the World Final grid.
Grid positions amongst the seeded entries will be determined by lap trials during the Saturday afternoon. Seeded entries will be allocated grid blocks.
- Block 1 will contest the lap-trials to determine grid positions 1-6. Block 1 will feature the 1st and 2nd seeds from each promotion.
- Block 2 will contest the lap-trials to determine grid positions 7-12. Block 2 will feature the 3rd and 4th seeds from each promotion.
- Block 3 will contest the lap-trials to determine grid positions 13-18. Block 3 will feature the 5th and 6th seeds from each promotion.
- Block 4 will contest the lap-trials to determine grid positions 19-24. Block 4 will feature the 7th and 8th seeds from each promotion.
- A fifth block will feature the 9th and 10th GMP Scotland seeds.
- Block 6 will feature the last chance qualifying entrants.